Woo-hoo! Another smoothie recipe, and this one is SO great, because it’s so tasty, and guess what? There’s broccoli in there!!!
Oh my gosh! There’s a reason why your mom always told you to eat your broccoli growing up! All those awesome benefits! And what’s great is that if you’re not a fan of broccoli, then this smoothie is perfect for you. You get all the great benefits of broccoli without the taste! This smoothie is delicious!
BROCCOLI, STRAWBERRY, BANANA, NUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE
- 4-5 raw broccoli florets
- 1 frozen banana
- 6 frozen strawberries
- 6 ounces plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. alcohol free vanilla
- 1/2 Tbsp. nut butter of your choice (I used almond butter – it was AMAZING)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup almond milk
- pinch of stevia (optional)
- 3 ice cubes (optional)
Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a glass and serve.
YUM! Enjoy! 🙂
There is no way you would ever guess that this shake has anything healthy in it, let alone two full servings of veggies! But, I can assure you, it does! This is a simple shake, but the nutrition this thing contains is anything but simple! With the three main ingredients being cauliflower, strawberries, and bananas, this should come as no surprise! Let’s take a look at some of the health benefits of these three amigos!
So there you have it, this thing is basically a cup full of health and wellness! Now, you may be thinking that cauliflower is delicious, but in a shake? Seriously though, you don’t taste it, and because it’s frozen, it actually gives the shake a nice creamy texture! Just try it! You won’t be disappointed!
STRAWBERRY BANANA CAULIFLOWER SHAKE
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower (bagged frozen or steamed then frozen)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla
- stevia, to taste
Place the banana, cauliflower, vanilla, stevia, and 1 cup of almond milk in a blender. Blend till smooth. Add the strawberries and the remaining 1/2 cup almond milk. Blend till smooth.
Pour into cups to serve.
YUM! Enjoy! 🙂
This smoothie though! For every meal, I try to get in at least 2 cups of veggies, usually cooked. However, when I make smoothies, this isn’t always easy to do. I decided to get creative and just see what I could do to remedy this, and this shake is the result! You read the title right – this thing is packed full of cauliflower! However, once you taste this stuff, you would never know it!
This stuff tastes so good, and it is SO good for you! The flavor is extremely similar to chocolate pudding. Actually, this could be used as a smoothie or as pudding now that I think about it.
You probably have some questions running through your head about now since it isn’t often that you think of cauliflower and chocolate as going together!
- Does it taste like chocolate? YES!
- Can you taste the cauliflower? No!
- What about the other ingredients – are they healthy? ABSOLUTELY!
After making this, I had my husband try it. He loved it! After I told him what was in it, he didn’t believe me! Yeah, it’s that good!
So, about those other ingredients…we know cauliflower is great for us, but what about the other ingredients? This smoothie is mainly sweetened with medjool dates. The health benefits of these little sweet treats are amazing! The following pin describes why these things are so good for you!
These dates along with the raw cacao powder in this smoothie make this an excellent source of energy. All of this, along with the other great ingredients in this make this smoothie one of the healthiest things you can put in your body – and it’s all in the form (and taste) of a chocolate shake!!!
Okay, let’s get to it!
CAULIFLOWER CHOCOLATE SHAKE
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1-2 cups of frozen cooked cauliflower (I steamed a big batch, then threw it in the freezer so I could use it to make a few of these shakes throughout the week)
- Small slice of avocado (about 1-2 Tbsp. mashed avocado) – this is optional, but it makes for a really nice creamy shake, and you don’t taste it – I promise!
- 3-4 medjool dates (make sure to remove the pits)
- 1 Tbsp. Bio-K Probiotics (this is completely optional, but I always add a tablespoon of this to my smoothies – it provides about 8 billion cfus of live active culture, and this is my favorite probiotic source – no, I’m not getting paid to say this – it’s just a really good probiotic and does wonders for digestion)
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol free vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- pinch of stevia, to taste (add this last, and taste to determine how much you would like – you may not need any depending on how sweet you want the smoothie to be)
Put everything in the blender and blend till completely smooth.
A delicious chocolate shake made with VEGETABLES!!!
This smoothie recipe is extremely similar in taste to V8. The only difference is that it’s green! Well, that and it’s completely homemade, so there’s no chance of preservatives, juice made from concentrate, or anything else that is less than desirable!
The only ingredients in this is vegetables and a pinch of sea salt, so you know it’s fantastic for you, and a great way to get your veggies in! Check out the following pins describing the health benefits of some of the vegetables in this!
You would be hard pressed to find another something with more nutrition in it than this smoothie has! Another great thing about this, is that it’s a SMOOTHIE, which means it’s super simple to make by chucking everything in a blender, then blending till smooth!
GREEN V8 SMOOTHIE
Ingredients: Makes 2 servings
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups of spinach
- 6 baby carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 handful of ice
- sea salt to taste
Wash all your vegetables, add to a blender, then blend till smooth.