Okay, so this is a SUPER simple dinner to make, but guys, oh my gosh, is it ever delicious! It is a HUGE hit every time I make for dinner (for me included, because not only does it taste delicious, it’s SO easy to make!).
This dish makes for an awesome meal. The cabbage, along with the other veggies tucked in there, provide a ton of healthy nutrients and benefits.
On top of that, the chicken in there provides a perfect pack of protein that makes this a super complete meal that leaves you feeling satisfied and your belly happy.
Let’s take a look at the recipe!
SAUTEED CABBAGE AND CHICKEN
Ingredients: (makes 2-4 servings)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless and skinless chicken breast cut into very small pieces
- 1 small cabbage, chopped into very short thin strips (as if you were making coleslaw)
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped or pureed
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup chicken stock (or you can use water)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings (fresh parsley or a dollop of plain greek yogurt)
1.) In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and sauté for 7-10 minutes until cooked through.
2.) Add the cabbage and paprika to the frying pan. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
3.) Add the tomato, carrots, bay leaves, and chicken stock to the frying pan. Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes until the stock is completely absorbed, and no liquid is remaining.
4.) Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper to serve. If desired, top with a dollop of plain greek yogurt and fresh parsley.
Wait until you sink your teeth into this stuff! SO tasty and good for you! Enjoy! 🙂