Oh holy night, the stars are brightly shining! And so is this awesome frame repurposing craft! I love love love this craft! It looks so nice as Christmas decor, and I love the fact that it can repurpose an old frame! I got the idea from the following pin on Pinterest.
When I clicked on the link, it brought me to the homepage of a craft blog Organized Clutter (If you click on the pin, it will take you there). Oh boy, are there some great ideas on there!!! I definitely recommend checking it out!
I couldn’t find this particular craft on there, but as you can see, it’s pretty self explanatory on how to make it, so that’s what I did! And now, I want to share it with you all, but again, this is not my original idea – all the credit goes to Organized Clutter!
When it comes to this craft, what you see is what you get! You can see all the materials you will need to create this.
- An old frame (I used an old unfinished wood frame that has a great rustic look to it)
- Gray paint (I mixed some gray acrylic paint with some water to thin it out so that the frame would still look rustic and unfinished – I like it that way!)
- Black paint (I just used good old black acrylic paint)
- A paintbrush
- Scrabble letters that spell out “OH HOLY NIGHT” (I got mine at Hobby Lobby…in full disclosure, I was short one letter, so I flipped another tile over and used a black permanent sharpie to draw the letter on there – I’m not going to tell you which one till the end of this post – go ahead, look closely and see if you can guess, but I don’t think you’ll be able to! 🙂 )
- Silver metal star (I got this at Hobby Lobby as well)
- Glue (I used Elmers craft glue)
That’s it! Now you just need to put it together. Again, what you see is what you get – very self explanatory. You simply paint the frame gray, paint the backboard of the frame black. Let those dry, then you glue the letters and the metallic star onto the backboard in the form of a Christmas tree as shown in the image. Wa-Lah! You’re done! Here are the pictures I took while making this beauty!
Start with an old frame.
Paint the frame gray.
Paint the backboard black.
Glue the letters and the star onto the backboard as indicated.
Let everything dry completely, and you’re all set! Okay, take another close look – which tile is it that I had to draw on myself?
One more look?
Okay, if you guessed the H in NIGHT, then you guessed right, BUT I will say that I had my husband look it over very closely, and he couldn’t tell which one, so that’s good enough for me! I just didn’t feel like having to go buy a whole other pack of letters for just one letter!
Personally, I still think it turned out GREAT, and I LOVE this craft! Easy and elegant!
Lastly, I will leave you with “O Holy Night” the song on the piano, played by yours truly (plenty of mistakes to verify that!) 🙂
Merry Christmas! Enjoy! 🙂