This smoothie though! For every meal, I try to get in at least 2 cups of veggies, usually cooked. However, when I make smoothies, this isn’t always easy to do. I decided to get creative and just see what I could do to remedy this, and this shake is the result! You read the title right – this thing is packed full of cauliflower! However, once you taste this stuff, you would never know it!
This stuff tastes so good, and it is SO good for you! The flavor is extremely similar to chocolate pudding. Actually, this could be used as a smoothie or as pudding now that I think about it.
You probably have some questions running through your head about now since it isn’t often that you think of cauliflower and chocolate as going together!
- Does it taste like chocolate? YES!
- Can you taste the cauliflower? No!
- What about the other ingredients – are they healthy? ABSOLUTELY!
After making this, I had my husband try it. He loved it! After I told him what was in it, he didn’t believe me! Yeah, it’s that good!
So, about those other ingredients…we know cauliflower is great for us, but what about the other ingredients? This smoothie is mainly sweetened with medjool dates. The health benefits of these little sweet treats are amazing! The following pin describes why these things are so good for you!
These dates along with the raw cacao powder in this smoothie make this an excellent source of energy. All of this, along with the other great ingredients in this make this smoothie one of the healthiest things you can put in your body – and it’s all in the form (and taste) of a chocolate shake!!!
Okay, let’s get to it!
CAULIFLOWER CHOCOLATE SHAKE
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1-2 cups of frozen cooked cauliflower (I steamed a big batch, then threw it in the freezer so I could use it to make a few of these shakes throughout the week)
- Small slice of avocado (about 1-2 Tbsp. mashed avocado) – this is optional, but it makes for a really nice creamy shake, and you don’t taste it – I promise!
- 3-4 medjool dates (make sure to remove the pits)
- 1 Tbsp. Bio-K Probiotics (this is completely optional, but I always add a tablespoon of this to my smoothies – it provides about 8 billion cfus of live active culture, and this is my favorite probiotic source – no, I’m not getting paid to say this – it’s just a really good probiotic and does wonders for digestion)
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol free vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- pinch of stevia, to taste (add this last, and taste to determine how much you would like – you may not need any depending on how sweet you want the smoothie to be)
Put everything in the blender and blend till completely smooth.
A delicious chocolate shake made with VEGETABLES!!!