Guys!!! I found another really healthy and yummy slow cooker recipe! Yay! I got the idea from the following pin.
I changed it up a bit to include more veggies and to not include cornstarch. I also made some other changes to make the recipe my own. I know you will love it if you try it! This dish is extremely healthy because of all the veggies in it, but I am actually more excited about the spices in it! We all know that many herbs and spices have healing and health improving qualities. The spices used in this dish are some of the powerhouses of those qualities when it comes to spices! It contains turmeric, ginger, garlic powder, coriander, and cumin! First off, YUM, and secondly, check out all the healthies that these guys have! Yes, I did say healthies! 🙂
Look at all those heath benefits!!! And that’s just from the spices in this dish – the veggies pack even more full of nutrition! Being a slow cooker recipe, it’s EASY to make too. Seriously, if you’re not sold yet, then I don’t know what will sell you…oh, did I mention it is DELICIOUS???
SLOW COOKER SPICED COCONUT CHICKEN AND VEGGIES
- 1 inch cube of ginger (about 30 grams), roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 – 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into pieces
- 1 can light coconut milk – make sure your can is BPA free
- 4 cups of veggies of your choice. I used snap peas, zucchini, red and yellow peppers, and broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1.) Heat your coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add your chopped onions, ginger, and chicken. Cook lightly for about 5-10 minutes until the outside of the chicken pieces are just cooked. Transfer to the bottom of the slow cooker.
2.) In a small bowl, mix together the can of coconut milk and your spices.