Okay, so this soup might just be the best thing ever! Wow, it is delicious! I got the idea from the following pin, but I used all different vegetables, seasoning, etc.
The above pin is more along the lines of a winter soup, and I made a soup that feels a bit more summery to me. Regardless of the season that you eat it in, it is SO good! Because of all the different vegetables in this recipe, the soup has TONS of health benefits including some of the following.
- The carrots provide a whole bunch of beta carotene which is converted to Vitamin A in the liver. This nutrient provides excellent health benefits for the eyes. Carrots improve vision and protects against macular degeneration.
- The tomatoes in this soup are heart healthy! Their potassium and vitamin B content help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels which aids in preventing strokes and heart attacks.
- Zucchini is high in manganese. Manganese helps the body metabolize protein and carbohydrates, aids in the production of sex hormones, and catalyzes the synthesis of fatty acids and cholesterol.
- Red peppers are stocked full of vitamin C. Vitamin C is excellent for the immune system, and it also is great for aiding in iron absorption.
- Onions contain chromium, which assists in regulating blood sugar.
- Every single vegetable in this soup is great for preventing cancer.
All of these health benefits in each spoonful of the yumminess that is this soup – AWESOME!
ROASTED VEGETABLE SOUP
Ingredients: Makes 3-4 servings
- 14 baby carrots
- 4 tomatoes cut into large pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into large pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- sea salt
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2.) Chop all your vegetables and place them in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic powder, and thyme. Toss to coat.
3.) Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread the vegetables out on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
4.) Sprinkle the vegetables with paprika, then place them in a food processor or blender with the chicken broth. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your food processor. Blend till smooth.
5.) Transfer to a sauce pan and heat to desired temperature. Season with sea salt, and serve in bowls with a dollop of plain greek yogurt if desired.
Delicious! Enjoy! 🙂