This is one of my favorite soups! It’s so full of flavor and healthy! The following pin is a recipe for beef and cabbage soup.
I made quite a few changes to this recipe to come up with mine. It’s not a meat night for me tonight, so my soup doesn’t have the beef, and then I made some other changes – SO YUMMY! The two main ingredients of my soup are tomatoes and cabbage, giving this soup the following health highlights.
- Contains lots of vitamins A and C giving them great anti-oxidant benefits
- all that vitamin A also make tomatoes great for eye health
- Due to the potassium and B vitamins, tomatoes help to lower blood pressure and to lower high cholesterol levels.
- Heart healthy
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, which can actually help to stop the growth of cancer cells
- reduces the risk of kidney stones and gall stones
- prevents cancer growth
- treats peptic ulcers
- boosts immune system
- relieves muscle soreness
- reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s
Here is my recipe for tomato cabbage soup.
TOMATO CABBAGE SOUP
Ingredients: 4-5 servings
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 7 tomatoes
- 1/2 head of large green cabbage (chopped)
- 2 large celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 large carrots (chopped)
- 1/2 large red onion (chopped)
- 4 cups homemade chicken broth (or 4 cups water)
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Chop all your vegetables and set aside.
2.) In a medium/large sauce pan, heat the tomatoes over medium heat. Cook till cooked about 1/2 of the way down. While the tomatoes are cooking down, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and carrots and cook for about 8 minutes.
3.) To the onions, celery and carrots, add the tomatoes, broth/water, cabbage, apple cider vinegar, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, sea salt and bay leaf. Simmer for about 30 minutes
4.) Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.