This recipe is SO delicious!!! I got the idea from the following pin:
I made my own sauce to make it healthier, and it turned out great, and of course, because it is made in the slow cooker, it is SO easy!!! I paired it with some quinoa, and I made a “hawaiian” salad with a spicy pineapple dressing to go along with it. I will post that recipe in the next few days and come back and link it, because this dish with that salad makes for a perfect meal – my husband and I both enjoyed it very much! But today, let’s just concentrate on this chicken – SO yummy, healthy and easy!
HEALTHY SLOW COOKER PINEAPPLE CHICKEN
Ingredients (makes 3 servings)
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks (make sure the can is bpa free)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- a small amount of stevia
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos (or you can use soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
1.) Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and brown on each side for 5 minutes each. Transfer the chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the pineapple, apple cider vinegar, stevia, coconut amines, garlic powder, cornstarch, and water.
3.) Pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker.
4.) Cook on high for 4-6 hours (I did mine for 5 hours, and it was perfect)
5.) Serve over quinoa.