This salad is fantastic! Incredibly tasty, and even more incredibly good for you! I got the idea from the following pin.
The recipe that this pin links to calls for bacon and pecorino cheese, both of which I don’t eat. So, I decided to just go with four of the given ingredients for the salad, then I added avocado, and lastly, I used my almond ginger dressing on it to make it a little snazzier! It turned out fantabulous! This makes for a super healthy and easy lunch that will leave you completely satisfied until dinner.
KALE AND BRUSSELS SPROUT SALAD WITH ALMOND GINGER DRESSING
Ingredients: makes 2 large servings
For the salad:
- 6 large Kale leaves, rough stems removed and cut into ribbons
- 1/4 of a medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb. Brussels Sprouts, washed and shredded
- 1/2 Avocado, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. Almond butter
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos (or you can use soy sauce)
- small chunk of ginger, minced
- pinch of stevia
1.) Place all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl (except the toasted almonds). Toss to combine.
2.) Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk till smooth.
3.) Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Season with sea salt if desired, and top with the chopped almonds.
Easy Peasy! Enjoy! 🙂