Continuing on with our cleansing for the week after Halloween! This smoothie that I made as a snack today is SO good for you, but it is so yummy that you would never know it! It’s quite simple, but contains quite a few super foods making it a nutritional powerhouse. You will feel great after drinking this! Some of the ingredients along with their benefits are as follows.
Chia seeds are a super food that are packed with nutrients. Some of the health benefits of chia seeds are
- combats diabetes
- Helps prevent Diverticulitis / Diverticulosis
- Strengthens teeth and bones
- Improves heart health
- Fights belly fat
- Because Chia seeds are a complete protein, they provide all day energy
Collard greens are an extremely healthy cruciferous vegetable. In recent studies, collard greens outshined steamed kale, mustard greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage in some of it’s health benefits – particularly in its ability to bind bile acids in the digestive tract. Some of it’s other health benefits include
- detox support
- antioxidant benefits
- anti-inflammatory benefits
- cardiovascular support
- digestive support
For over 2000 years, Chinese medicine has recommended the use of ginger to help cure and prevent several health problems. It is known to promote energy circulation in the body and increase our body’s metabolic rate. Some additional health benefits to those listed in the pin above include the following.
- maintains normal blood circulation
- improves nutrient absorption in the body
- combats stomach discomfort
- colon cancer prevention
- fights common respiratory problems
- ovarian cancer prevention
As you can see just these three ingredients alone pack a punch when it comes to health benefits. The remaining ingredients add even more health improving properties to this shake. It’s super easy to make! Just throw the ingredients in a blender then serve! Wa-lah! Well being in a glass!
SUPER HEALTHY SMOOTHIE
Ingredients: feel free to play around with the amounts of each ingredient.
- 2-3 large collard green leaves, rough stems removed
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- small chunk of ginger
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3/4 unsweetened coconut milk
- 2-3 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth, then serve!