I was browsing recipes on Pinterest, and I found this pin:
It’s just a simple veggie salad with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and feta cheese. So often, I forget how much flavor and satisfaction veggies can provide simply by themselves, without the frills and thrills of other added ingredients! It certainly doesn’t hurt that fewer ingredients makes a recipe much easier too! 🙂
This thought of “simply veggies” inspired my lunch today. I decided to just throw together a hodgepodge of different veggies to make a salad, and top it with a drizzle of olive oil, a splash of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Oh, and I added a bit of goat cheese (I can’t help it, I’m addicted! 😉 ). It was SO yummy! I will list the ingredients I used, but really, you can use any veggies you want. The bigger the variety of veggies, the bigger the variety of flavors, making for a really fun meal!
Here was what I put together:
GOBS AND GOBS OF VEGGIES SALAD
- baby spinach
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- cucumber, cut into cubes
- avocado, chopped
- red bell pepper, cut into short strips
- red onion, chopped
- olive oil to drizzle
- sea salt to sprinkle
- lemon juice to splash (optional)
- goat cheese (optional)
- Heat a bit of olive or coconut oil in a pan and add the onions and peppers. Cook lightly (about 3-4 minutes). Set aside.
- On a plate, mix together the spinach, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
- Top with the onions and peppers.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and add sea salt and lemon juice.
- Top with goat cheese, if desired.
Simple, but SO good, and beyond good for you! Enjoy! 🙂